The Internet is flooding over with possibilities. It is no wonder that consumers’ attention span today is lower than ever. Within a matter of seconds, visitors may leave your site.
If you run a website, chances are you would like to keep visitors engaged for as long as possible. For some websites, such as e-commerce stores, converting said visitors is even more important.
Knowing only 2-3 % of visitors on average convert, how may you increase those numbers for your e-commerce store?
A complex ecosystem in the making
The bad news: E-commerce stores are extremely complex and rely on an interwoven ecosystem. The good news: While the improvements are many, they are far from impossible.
Optimize, optimize, optimize… The word gets quite annoying after a while, but it carries an important truth – to stay ahead of the competition, you need to continuously optimize your e-commerce store.
The best way to do so is to identify the weaknesses. Here are some examples of ideas for optimizing your e-commerce store:
- Fast loading time: There are few things more frustrating than waiting for a website to load in today’s age of instant gratification. If your site takes longer than two seconds to load, 53% of your customers lose interest.
- Desirable products: Find out what products the customers REALLY want.
- Clear pictures: Pictures that make products appealing may increase sales. Besides, they ought to display the product as close to the real version in terms of color, size, etc.
- Describe in-depth: Give the customers product descriptions that leave them with no questions.
- Content leader: Be the leader in your industry in terms of content. Share the best tips and in-depth articles both on your blog and SoMe. Do not forget about videos!
- Mobile all the way: There is a significant chance your customer will visit your e-commerce store through their phone. But did you remember to optimize it for all devices?
There are of course many more improvements you may carry out. In specific, the infrastructure behind the e-commerce store must provide a smooth user experience.
Below, we have listed two of the most important improvements to this infrastructure:
- Shipping: Free shipping and returns improve conversions significantly. Of course, one must consider profitability. As a result, many e-commerce stores choose to offer free shipping over a certain threshold.
You also need to consider the delivery time. Amazon and large online retailers have introduced a whole new set of expectations. Any delivery that takes longer than a few days, likely have to be marketed as a green alternative to the customer.
- Payments: Studies show that most customers bounce from the purchasing process during the payment. Chances are they did not find a fitting payment method. They may also be disappointed in added taxes and fees in the payments tab.
To avoid this, add the payment methods your customers use, and install integrations that automatically apply local sales taxes. There really is nothing worse than losing a customer so close to the sale!
We help you improve your e-commerce store!
We realize there could be said much more about the many improvements out there. Truth is, books are written on the subject every year, each with their own, unique lessons.
Johnsrud Media recognizes that we live in an everchanging market. Therefore, we have set our minds on continuously learning the best strategies at all times.
If you would like to improve the conversions in your e-commerce store, we would love to hear from you. Contact us today!