Let's face it, you consume videos because of your needs. For example, a student will search online for instructional videos that can help explain or solve a problem for one of his subjects. Or a mom who wants to find a new meal to cook for her kids will look for cooking videos for inspiration. Or a business owner who wants to share with his audience the features and benefits of a new product to be launched for his online store.
Using video for your social media campaign is more relevant than ever before.
Video, if used correctly, can become a valuable tool to use for a marketing strategy. To support this, 65% of SME's and large corporations use videos for their campaigns. A recent study also reveals that 82% of consumer internet traffic will be on videos by 2022. With this in mind, its time to focus your efforts on producing more video content.
Here are 5 ways video can make our social media campaigns more effective
- Audience Connection - Through videos, you can create stories that can inspire, entertain, or educate your audience. This enables you to develop over time a closer relationship with them.
- Offers More Value - Due to this pandemic, more people are working from home and have become more active on their social media platforms such as Facebook and Youtube. Instructional or How-To videos are effective videos that can show your concern to be of help to customers.
- Easy to Consume - If we already have made our customer persona, then we should understand that not everyone likes to read. Videos help create variety for different personality types and help us acquire new customers in the process.
- Content that can be repurposed - Gary Vaynerchuk is a master of content. From a single video, he can create multiple texts or video social media posts to maximize the use of your content. Here's his pillar content strategy
- Sharing power- Visual content, video to be more specific, is more than 40 times more likely to get shared than all-text content. Imagine your audience sharing your videos to their family and friends, this enables your campaign to be more effective.
With the growth of social media platforms like Youtube and Facebook, it's hard to ignore that you need to be more visible across all these platforms to increase brand awareness and engage with customers if you want to optimize profits.